Sunday 4 May 2014

The happiness of adventure...

Travel memories
There is something magical about planning an adventure, picking up a ‘travel book’ in a book store or packing a suitcase. I don’t think I’ll ever be bored of travelling to new places or daydream about it...  I just LOVE it! Some of my best childhood memories are from trips with my family - either it was in Sweden, somewhere in Denmark, France, Prague or Italy. 
I remember being on the road with my grandparents in their yellow bus. I have no clue where and for how long we were travelling, but I remember being all excited. I was sitting between them and the car was so big and so was my grandmother and she would yell of my granddad “YOU better drive properly when we have THAT little girl with us” and she would point at me. We would eat in the back of the bus and I would run around outside with my toy camera taking imaginary photos.  In my teen years my family would drive until the German border. Then we would stop for a rock-paper-scissors game to find our travel destination (Italy always won). Do you have these kinds of travel memories? That is the beauty of being on an adventure – the memories! 













My first week as an Au pair... Party days!
Min forste uge som au pair... Party party!! 













Afternoon tea - I met these three wonderful ladies on the border of Tibet. 
Eftermiddagste med tre vidunderlige damer (grænsen til Tibet).










































Sahar and me in Singapore. 
Sahar og jeg i Singapore.



 Hmmm... My friend Sahar took this photo of me after we fall asleep on a beach in Malaysia and woke up 3 hours 
later, all pink and unhappy!

Hmmm... Min veninde Sahar tog dette billed af mig i Malaysia. Vi var saa traette efter at have rejst hele

 natten, at vi faldte i sovn paa stranden og vaagnede op tre timer senere helt rode og ulykkelige. 












Hongkong




Antwerp. Antwerpen.








No comments:

Post a Comment